I installed the latest version of Opera Mini on my Treo 650 PDA, inspired by all the pretty good feedback I read here and there; unfortunately, I never got it to run properly, as it seems to insist on crashing (and on making my palm reboot) as soon as I’m about to browse anything. Opera Mini 2.0 had some occasional crashs, but I hadn’t had anything nearly as severe as this. I guess I’ll need to downgrade back to 2.0 for now.
30 November 2006
13 November 2006
Here’s a few things to pay attention to:
- checking Nokia.mobi yields 50 errors
- Vodafone.mobi has 85
- the .mobi site for dotMobi itself has 5 errors
- the output of Google’s mobile transcoder yields about 18 per page
- the validator seems to fail completely on WML, which I still see being used quite a bit in off-portal independent mobile sites
- the WordPress Mobile plugin output yields 27
I will be presenting the Mobile Web Best Practices twice in the upcoming few days:
- during the MWI Seminar in Paris on November 16; I’ll have 20 minutes to give an overview of the principles behind the Best Practices, and where we’re headed with mobileOK
- next Monday at 11am CET, I’ll be presenting my first webinar on the Mobile Web Best Practices during an hour-long talk, broadcasted both on the Web and on the phone; although I have already made several presentations on the phone, this will certainly be the one with the most diverse and largest audience I’ve ever had to prepare… Interesting times ahead!