As I mentioned a few days ago, my blogging tool, WordPress 1.5, doesn’t deal with named entities as it should. Namely, when fed with named entities, it outputs them as is in any context. But if named entities are fine in (X)HTML, they’re not with the various other flavors of RSS/RDF, where these entities cannot be parsed.
28 April 2005
26 April 2005
A little more than 9 months ago, I ran some statistics on the rate of spams I receive, and given that our anti-spam set up was recently improved to reject even more buggy messages than before, I decided it was a good time to see what the evolution over the past 6 months was:
The blue line is the number of messages that are directly trashed when arriving in my mailbox because their SpamAssassin score is greater than 12; the pink line is the number of messages that goes into a separate mailbox that I review periodically to find false positives, which still happen from time to time. The graphics doesn’t show the number of spam messages that I get in my final inbox; it’s never more than one or two a day, usually zero.
I was kindly notified that my RSS feed was ill-formed for the past few days, because of an
— entity in one of my previous posts. While I have fixed manually the issue, I was asked in return why this entity made my feed invalid. I’m taking this question as an opportunity to start a new category on tutorials about markup languages; it may end up being only one article only, but I’m interested in getting more questions for this category if people find it useful (let me know through comments or mail).